The perfect way to celebrate the newest member of your family is, of course, capturing those first moments. There is no better way to hold onto those first few days than to photograph your newborn... because we all know they grow up far too fast!
The best time to have your newborn photographed is between day four and day ten as during these first few days your baby will be at their most sleepy point. It is during this time I am able to comfortably pose your baby into all of those beautiful bendy positions, whilst your child is still content and happy for this to happen.
Beyond ten days, it is still possible for your newborn to be photographed. However at this stage babies become more aware of the world around them. Therefore, as each day goes by, it is important to bare in mind that after this point it becomes much harder to position your baby due to a more interrupted sleep.
Newborn sessions normally last up to three hours so preparing for your babies photoshoot is an important job for any parent. Bellow I have listed a few tips and pointers that I hope will help:
- It is Important to feed your baby about an hour before the photoshoot and ensure they are fully winded. This will help your newborn settle into the session a lot faster.
- Please, also ensure to bring plenty of feeds for your baby. (If you are breast feeding, perhaps expressing some milk especially for the session may help minimise moving your newborn too often).
- If your newborn requires any medicine, please bring this along too; just incase it is needed.
- It is also possible to personalise your newborn's photoshoot. Although I have plenty of props, headbands and blankets in my studio to add variety to your images maybe you too want to bring along some of your own? For more information about personalising your photoshoot please read the column on the right hand side of this page.
- I feel it is important to mention that I keep my studio nice and warm so although us adults will be feeling rather hot your baby will be comfortable and cosy.
Now all you need to do is decide on one of our package deals which suits you. For package details, please go to our Price Page or alternatively if you have any further questions please feel free to contact myself personally and I will get back to you as quickly as possible.